John J. Lynch
BUSINESS ADDRESS: 8905 Lake Ave. 4th Floor, Cleveland, OH 44102
Phone 440-899-5219 x 243 ; Fax (216) 631-1256
· Keller Williams Realty – Greater Cleveland, Co-Owner/Investor/Partner, 2002 - present
· Certified General Appraiser, State of Ohio, 1991 - present.
- Appraiser and real estate consultant since 1987,
- Awarded HUD PD appraisal contract: 1995-1996 for Lorain, Wayne
Holmes, Medina, Lake, Geauga and Ashtabula counties;
2000 - 2002 Cuyahoga County
- Cleveland HUD Lender Selection Roster of Appraisers 1995 - present.
· HUD approved 203K Plan Consultant 1995 - 1999.
· Licensed in real estate since 1972 and specializing in commercial, industrial and investment properties.
· Lynch & Company, Realtors - Broker/Owner, 1982 - present.
- Offering complete commercial real estate service including: brokerage, site location work, consulting, management, and appraisal.
- Awarded two separate consulting contracts in 1986 and 1987 by the United States Postal Service for real estate contract services which were performed throughout the state of Ohio - the scope of work included: appraisals, new site planning (evaluation) reports, disposition of excess properties, negotiating of expiring leases, leasing alternate quarters, relocation services, and leasing of alternate quarters.
· Cooney Realty, real estate salesman, 1978 - 1982.
· Priemer, Barnes and Associates, Inc., (now Colliers International) real estate salesman, 1973 - 1978.
· Herbert Laronge, Inc. (now Grubb-Ellis, Inc.), real estate salesman, 1972 - 1973.
FURTHER REAL ESTATE REFERENCES, SCOPE OF EXPERIENCE, AND CLIENTS SERVED WILL BE PROVIDED AS REQUIRED.
· Alcan Aluminum Corporation, 100 Erieview Tower, Cleveland, OH, 1968-1971:
Various positions beginning at an entry level position as an economic analyst and progressing to Market Research Analyst, Market Forecaster and ultimately to Marketing Analyst - left this position in July 1971 to launch my first campaign, unfortunately unsuccessful, for position of Cleveland City Council
· Cleveland City Councilman 1974-1986: Ward 1, 1974-1982; Ward 17, 1982-1986.
- Chairman of Industrial & Business Relations Committee:
Responsible for the coordination and improved use of funds and program enhancements of the City’s CETA (Comprehensive Employment Training Act) and JPTA (Job Partnership Training Act) programs.
- Committee member of the following committees - Finance, Utilities, Community Development (airports and lakefront development), Public Safety(legislation), Parks & Recreation, Public Service, Health & Human Services.
* Led successful Charter Amendment drive to reduce City Council from 33 to 21 Members,
* Sponsored successful residency requirement Charter Amendment for new city employees,
* Initiated successful Charter amendment effort to repeal then existing automatic pay formula for Police and Fireman,
* Co-sponsored successful Charter Amendment to increase terms of office for Mayor and Council,
* Upon appointment by Council President, successfully broadened the scope, availability and effectiveness of the City’s CASH (Cleveland Action to Support Housing) and the 3% Loan Program,
* Founded, in 1974, Cudell Improvement Inc., the Communityl Development Corporation (CDC) for Ward 1, now serving Wards 17, 18, and 19,
* Founded, in 1974, WEBCO (Western Elmwood Berea Corporation) a business LDC which now serves Ward 18 and 19.
· Cleveland City Council Representative to NOACA 1976-1979.
2nd Vice President 1979.
· Mayor’s representative to NOACA 1980-1981.
· Realtor’s Federal House District Co-Ordinator -
Congresswoman Mary Rose Oakar-Congressman Dennis J. Kucinich
Lobby regularly in Washington, Columbus and Cleveland on behalf of real estate industry
Greater Cleveland Real Estate Organization (GCREO) – one of charter members of this organization which represents some 17 real estate related organizations which include: The Cleveland Area Board of Realtors (CABOR); BOMA; SIOR; NAIOP; NOAA; ICSC; MBA and other real estate associations
Leadership Cleveland – active member of the original 1977/78 class of this leadership program sponsored by the Greater Cleveland Growth Association
National Association of Realtors (NAR)
- National Director - 1994-2008
- Member of Appraisal Section, 1995 - present
- Member, 1972 - present
Ohio Association of Realtors (OAR)
- President, 1999
- President-Elect, 1998;
- Treasurer, 1997;
- Trustee, 1988 - present
- State Legislative Steering Committee: Chairman - 1994, Vice Chairman - 1993, member - 1988 - present;
- State & Municipal Committees: Chairman - 1993, Vice Chairman - 1992,
member - 1988 -1993;
- Commercial-Industrial Committee: member - 1988 – present, Chairman - 2002
- Realtors Political Action Committee (RPAC) – Trustee 2000-2002, Vice Chairman - 2003
- Member, 1972 – present
Cleveland Area Board of Realtors (CABOR)
- 1994 Realtor of the Year;
- President - 1993;
- Vice President - 1992;
- Treasurer - 1991;
- Board of Directors - 1990 - 1994 term;
- Member - Legislative Committee 1979 - present; Chairman - 1987, 1988 & 1989;
- Member - Citizen of Year Committee, 1990 - 1991;
- Member - Long Range Planning Committee, 1988 - 1993, Chairman - 1989;
- Chairman of Cleveland Area Board of Realtors (R-PAC) Allocations Committee
(Realtors Political Action Committee) - 1987 - 1991, member - 1992 - 1994;
- Chairman - Realtors Store Committee - 1991.
- Chairman Real Estate Sign Task Force - 1992 - present
- Member, 1972 - present
· National Residential Appraisers’ Institute: Senior Certified Appraiser (SCA), 1993 - present
· Northern Ohio Regional Multiple Listing Service - 1982 - present
· Northeast Ohio Apartment Association, Legislative Committee - 1992 - present
· Greater Cleveland Real Estate Organization, founding member - 1992 - 1997
· Commercial Investment Real Estate Institute - CCIM Candidate
INSURANCE LICENSED - LIFE AND PROPERTY AND CASUALTY – UNITED AGENCIES INC.
Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
BS in Political Science, Minor Degree in Economics
Graduated Cum Laude, 1964 - 1967
Additional MBA, Urban Study and Law Courses at:
Cleveland State University - 1969/1971
Case Western Reserve University - 1968/1969
Notre Dame Law School - 1967
John Carroll University - 1966
St. Ignatius High School - 1960 - 1964
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
RESIDENTIAL APPRAISAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
COURSE I: The Basics of Real Estate, May 1992 15 hrs.
COURSE II: Real Estate Analysis, July 1992 15 hrs.
COURSE III: Sales Comparison Approach, March 1992 15 hrs.
COURSE IV: Cost and Income Approaches/Valuation of
Partial Interest 15 hrs.
COURSE V: Appraisal Standards and Ethics, July 1992 15 hrs.
COURSE VI: Appraisal Report Writing, January 1993 30 hrs.
OHIO ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS
Appraisal Capitalization: Theory, Application and Techniques, April 1992 30 HRS.
NATIONAL RESIDENTIAL APPRAISERS INSTITUTE
Single Family Appraisal, December 1992 18 HRS.
Condominium and Multi-Family Appraisal, June 1993 21 HRS.
TONY WILLIS TRAINING CENTER - REAL ESTATE
HUD and FHA Appraisals, January 1995 8 HRS.
OHIO ASSOCIATION OF MORTGAGE BROKERS
FHA Appraisal Workshop, January 1995 6 HRS.